Attending an initial consult with an estate planning attorney can be the first step towards developing an effective plan that can protect your loved ones and your legacy. Although each of these meetings can be unique experiences, differing according to people’s individual needs and circumstances, in general, here is what you can expect from an initial consult with an estate attorney:
- An explanation of the estate planning process – This can include a general overview of the various estate planning tools available, including (but by no limited to) wills, trusts, powers of attorney, etc. This explanation may also involve some general guidelines for how and when to review and revise estate plans so that they are always reflective of the grantor’s current wishes, needs and estate.
- A discussion of your best options – With this aspect of an initial consultation, an attorney will discuss a specific person’s needs and wishes for his estate plan to determine what his or her best options may be for moving forward. To get answers that are as useful as possible in this initial stage, it can be helpful to bring these types of items/documents with you to your initial consult.
- Specific and, at times, personal questions – During the initial consult, don’t be surprised if an attorney starts asking some pointed and possibly sensitive questions about assets and/or personal relationships. These questions, as probing as they may seem, can be important to determining how to handle certain assets, how to pass them on to loved ones and/or whether additional estate plans may need to be put in place now.
- A review of the fees and processes if you choose to proceed – Another critical aspect of initial consults with estate lawyers is the discussion of their fees and/or processes moving forward. This discussion should provide some insight as to what you may need moving forward and what you can generally expect to pay for those services.
What Else You Can Expect from Gradisar, Trechter, Ripperger & Roth
In addition to the above, at Gradisar, Trechter, Ripperger & Roth, you can also benefit from the following during – and after – your initial consultation with one of our trusted estate lawyers:
- Honest, clear answers – Our lawyers always provide straightforward, honest advice and answers to each of our clients. Our goals are to inform our clients so they can make the best decisions for them and their families during the estate planning process.
- Responsive service moving forward – Developing an estate plan can be only one piece of the puzzle. Once your plan is in place, you may need to revise it – or your loved ones may need to administer it – in the future. Our lawyers will be there for you and your family at every phase of the process, ready to provide responsive, superior service.
Contact a Pueblo Estate Attorney at Gradisar, Trechter, Ripperger & Roth
When you are ready to take the next step in estate planning, an experienced Pueblo estate attorney at Gradisar, Trechter, Ripperger & Roth is ready to provide you with the highest quality legal services.
To learn more about our superior legal services and how we can assist you, contact us by calling (719) 556- 8844 or by emailing us using the contact form on this page.
From our offices based in Pueblo, we represent clients in Trinidad, La Jara, Lamar, Walsenburg, Alamosa and throughout the state of Colorado.